How We Collect Your Data
Salcedo Auctions may collect Personal Data, such as your name, address, telephone or mobile number, email address, and internet protocol (IP) address, directly from you (by email, telephone, face to face, in paper form and via our website, social media, and digital application), including when you:
- express an interest in our Services or interact with us as a client or prospective client;
- create an account at www.salcedoauctions.com or the Salcedo Auctions app
subscribe to our newsletters, digital applications, and catalogues;
- instruct us to provide Services to you and sign contractual documentation;
- register to bid in an auction (in person, online, by telephone, or by absentee bid);
- attend viewings, auctions, events, and exhibitions;
- record your image through our CCTV operations for security, client service, and bid-monitoring purposes when you visit our premises and sale and exhibition venues;
- attend auctions which are also filmed for simultaneous live broadcast on our and third-party websites and applications.
What Do We Do with Your Information?
- Salcedo Auctions may use your Personal Data with your permission to execute the following;
- To respond to your requests for information regarding our Services, auctions, exhibitions, and events
- To provide you with information regarding our Services, auctions, exhibitions, and events
- To invite you to attend auctions, exhibitions, and events
- To follow up with you following your requests for information and for general marketing purposes (email marketing, text blasts, social media posts)
- To provide you with requested Services and for any other purposes for which you provide us with your Personal Data including valuations, viewings, selling, bidding, storage, shipping, catalogue subscription
- To carry out identity and credit checks (for example, in relation to buyers and bidders).
- Please note that we may use credit reference agencies to do this, who may record that a search has been made and share the search and results (including the information that we provide) with other organizations.
- To create and maintain art market records, including records of property you own, possess, and/or consign to us (including to carry out valuations, authenticity, provenance, and title checks, for restoration purposes and to prevent fraud, theft, or other unlawful activities)
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To protect you, our staff, guests, property, and our premises
- To collect money owed to us or our consignors
- To deal with your comments, suggestions, and feedback and invite you to participate in market research studies
- To monitor, evaluate and improve the performance and effectiveness of our website, applications, and Services (including to improve your user experience and staff training)
- To customize our website, digital applications, and Services in line with your interests and preferences
- To maintain our business records and processes across Salcedo Auctions (including for shipping, storage, and outsourcing selected back office functions to third parties such as hosted software solutions and cloud storage providers)
- To obtain advice on our rights and obligations, protect our business, enforce our legal rights, and protect another person’s rights, property, or safety (including exchanging information with third parties such as legal advisors, law enforcement agencies, fraud prevention agencies, debt collection agencies, regulatory authorities, and judicial authorities)
Salcedo Auctions never passes your personal information to anyone outside of Salcedo Auctions for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
How do you get my consent? When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, participate in the auctions, or arrange for a delivery, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent? If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use, or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at [email protected] or mailing us at: Salcedo Auctions, Inc. Ground & Podium Levels, NEX Tower 6786 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1229 Philippines
Your data is stored on a secure server behind the platform’s firewall.
Sharing of Personal Data
- any member of the Salcedo Auctions staff for purposes including notifying you of sales, exhibitions, and special events which may be of interest to you
- persons acting on your behalf
- financial institutions, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and internal and external auditors, professional advisors
- law enforcement and judicial, administrative, and regulatory bodies;
- third parties: we use to provide services to you (including shipping agents and brokers, warehouse providers, data hosting providers, call center operations, e-mail management services, data analytics providers, and other providers of services required for the operation of our website, mobile applications, and online bidding services);
- for marketing purposes where you have consented to marketing.
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. All communications between your browser and our systems are secured using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The website operated by Salcedo Auctions does not store, transmit, or process credit card information. All credit card information is directly processed by third parties that comply with the necessary security standards relating to the storage and processing of credit card information.
Age of Consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age of and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
Length of Time We Keep Your Personal Data
Salcedo Auctions may retain your Personal Data:
- for as long as we are providing you with Services; or
- after your account/agreement with us is terminated, or if your application for a particular service or services is declined or abandoned, for as long as we are permitted or required to for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention, and/or our legitimate business purposes.
Our legitimate interests include the indefinite maintenance of core transaction data, in the interests of maintaining the integrity of the wider art market.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at [email protected] or by mail at Salcedo Auctions, Inc., Ground & Podium Levels, NEX Tower 6786 Ayala Avenue, Makati City 1229 Philippines.